Hello! So today’s post is a DIY canvas room decoration thingie.
If you remember from my 17 Before 2017 Goals (because self promo), one of my goals was to redecorate my room. I had also seen this video from one of my friends, talking about a Christmas cursive canvas (and alliteration, because I ENGLISH GOODLY).
And…one of the easiest ways to redecorate one’s room is to add some highlights, such as a canvas.
So….I tried it out.
And it worked! …well mostly.
So…things you will need:
- Acrylic paint
(in RED and GREEN BECAUSE CHRISTMAS)in the color of your choice
- however many canvases in whatever size you want
- Metallic sharpies/Walmart permanent markers BECAUSE IM CHEAP LIKE THAT
- Mod Podge
- Glitter (opt)
- Find a quote/song lyrics/phrase that you want to letter onto your canvas. If you’re pro and want to design your own,
like me,design it on PicMonkey or editing software like that. Print it out.
- Coat your canvas with two/three coats of the paint. If you want to do the ombre thing from the video, do that.
- Wait until the paint is dry (DUH)
- Either do the chalk thing from the video, or else hand letter your thingie onto the canvas.
- Add some glitter, if you want.
- Mod Podge the entire thing, especially if you used glitter.
- Decorate your room and revel in the beautifulness of your room. Or not.
Here are my finished products.
I have one that says “O Come Let Us Adore Him, Christ the Lord” and another that says “Joy to the World.” I think they turned out pretty okay, and I think I’m going to make more…someday.