MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE PEOPLES!
As the year draws to an end, I usually write up a yearly recap (SHAMELESS SELF PROMO: 2014 and 2015). And included in that (usually) 4+K word blogpost is a list of people who made my year what it was.
And…most people don’t know who I know, and it makes for that blogpost WAYYYYY too long for most impatient humans on the internet. So….because I’m brilliant, I’m taking the peoples list out…and putting it here!
You have full permission to skip this post but you might miss yourself in the post…
So…without any further ado (omgns I hate that word so much), here are the people who made 2016 what it was.
I would like to thank…
- Mom and Dad: for the support you always show me, for the things that you have taught me this year, and for giving me chances to become who I am.
- My brothers D+P: for introducing me to this wonderful game that is baseball, and for making my life the happiness that it is today.
- My aunts and uncles: for being part of my family, for making my family full, and for supporting me in all my endeavors.
- My cousins JL, EL, JC, HC, SM, and FM: for being so much fun and for the closeness we share despite the distance between us.
- My adopted “Grandpa” and “Grandma” B and “Aunt” : for the incredible role models you are and the amazing faith you show despite the hard times in your lives.
- KS: for being the sister you are, for being the person who understands the best, and for always being there and listening to me rant.
- MM, for being one of my closest friends, for understanding me and bearing with me when I’m being stupid, for being a great lots-of-things, such as SciOly teammate, fellow band geek, and classmate, and for never making things awkward when it could easily be.
- MM, for being such a good friend and for the hardworking, cheerful, and encouraging person that I have the privileged to call my friend.
- ECW: for being a great friend always, even if we have drifted apart a bit, and for having been my first really friend.
- ER, SC, and BO, for being incredible online friends whom I’ve never had the chance to meet in real life.
- Blogger peoples such as Grace (from Totally Graced), Sarah (from the Introverted Extrovert), Hannah (from Grace in Everything), Katie Grace (from A Writer’s Faith), and Kara (from Saved By Grace), for being the source in inspiration that you are and the content that you post.
- KL, LM, AC, JO, ET, KT, and PIP, for being my awesome church friends with whom I’ve gotten so much closer to this year.
- JC, JR, CG, and KG, for being awesome youth group leaders who take your time and invest into us.
- MS, CS, JP, and TR: for being amazing pastors who continually develop my walk towards become more like Jesus.
- AS, CG, GM, AS, ES, and both CLs, for being awesome friends and for each holding a special place in my life and my heart.
- PM, GN, TJN, EB, and NB, for being such good Christian role models to show me what it means to be a Christian woman in today’s society.
- KB, MM, CF, SR, NR, SC, and RC, and so many others, for being such motivating SciOly teammates and for continually pushing more to study and learn about life.
- WC: for being the best SciOly coach one could ever have, and for also being an awesome band director.
- EC: for being a super awesome music teacher who has taught me so much over this last year. and for your incredible willingness to open your house so that the SciOly team can study.
- CY and SC: for being the best piano teachers I could wish for, and for making the transition between teachers smooth.
- AD and JMB: for being awesome flute teachers who never give up on me (even when I don’t practice!)
- CS, NL, DM, GP, SG, and BT: for being super teachers that continually inspire to study harder and learn more.
- EB and SS: for being awesome 4H leaders, for making sure all my records are straight, and for always pushing me to go farther.
- AC, LC, EH, LH, PH, AM, LM: for being awesome kids who I have the privilege and honor to mentor as you all grow up: you all have taught me so much.
- AA, PH, JB, DL, EN: for being my Cubbie bears whom I have the honor to help lead farther along in your journey in Christ. I’m excited to see how God will work in you!
- EM: for being a fantastic Cubbies director and role model, for your continual cheeriness and your love for the Cubbies.
- For all the other people I have missed in this list altogether, although maybe not brought immediately to mind, who make my life what it is.
- And lastly, to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who loved me so incredibly much that you would die for me, who is indeed the only reason I exist upon this planet.