April was a weird month. While on one hand, I got a lot done and put out a bunch of blogposts I’m really proud of, it was also very emotionally draining because of lots of things ending. And aside from doing a lot of *stuff*, I wasn’t really productive either. So. it was weird. But I did a recap!
- going prom dress shopping with friends
- getting chocolate from a random little old lady at church
- changing the music you’re listening to on your computer with your phone on spotify
- the sweetest moments with Him™
- getting to meet the SWEETEST and SMALLEST and MOST PRECIOUS baby boy after his parents, my youth group leaders, walked through infertility for 9 years
- realizing how much Jesus loves us
- posting a picture of Him™ on the finsta and y’ALL LOVING ON US
- writing down a list of activities and stuff that are ending in a few weeks, hitting the words “the end,” and starting to tear up
- getting that YODEL BOY’S SONG STUCK IN YOUR HEAD
- being at community college, paying thousands of dollars to attend class, and going on Youtube, and them having the audaCITY TO SHOW YOU THEIR OWN AD WHEN YOU’RE TRYING TO WATCH A CALCULUS VIDEO
- going from 85 degree weather to 40 degree weather in the span of three days
- sitting in the college library studying and listening to the conversation of the four guys by you, three of every four words being the s word, the f word, or the n word
That Moment When-
- you find out dodie is going to be twenty-five minutes from you on tour . . . then also find out that tickets are sold out
- doing multiple choice in class and a kid saying his answer was “D for doggo” and the teacher saying he was wrong because she didn’t know what it was and thought he said “B for bongo”
- Him™ breaks his wrist IN FRONT OF YOU
- Pentatonix comes out with an AWESOME ALBUM but you listen to it on a day with lots of sad memories and ruin it
Self Love VS God’s Love by Christine Smith
Just Little Things by Emily Mundell
The Confidence of a Child by Maggie
Dear to be Happy Again by Julia
Extraordinary: A Definition by Madeline
April Goals WrapUp-
- Do 150 hours of productive work- pshhhhh hahahahah no. As my Camp NaNo cabinmates have seen, I’m so far off of this goal it’s funny
- Take one chapter of notes a day- you would think that with finals coming up, I’d work on this more . . . but lol no
- Finish 30 Day Ab Workout- I did 24 days! Which was more than I expected!
- Memorize Philippians (with church)- not . . . .really?
- 5 blog comments per day- I did it!!!
- Be in bed by 12 and up by 8- this goal helped, but no
- Fluoride Rinse everyday- did it! (mostly)
- Read 7 books- haha I got no time *distant crying*
- Handletter the Little Bible Plan prompts
- No social media between 11am and 10pm
- Finish out high school (!!!)
- 3 blog comments a day
- Read 20 books
- Clean out the house
What happened TO YOU in April? What are some of the goals that you have for May? Can you believe that it’s MAY next month??
Hello everyone!! Happy 1/12th of 2018!! (what the heck how did that happen?) Today, I’m testing out a little different type of monthly recap: I used to have a lot of stuff in my monthly recaps (just because I wanted to see them myself) but then they get really big, so tell me down below what things I should cut out!
Also, my monthly goals are also in this post too…it’S SO LONG!!! Tell me what I can cut pleaseeee!
- I finished applying for colleges!!!!
- I fell head over heels in love with dodie and may have watched nearly all her videos.
- I did a poll thread on Twitter about writing numbers
- My wisdom teeth started coming in and I complained about it for three days straight until the pain went away
- I went on a ski retreat with friends and
almost died skiing got to spend time with FRIENDSSSSSS
- MY FAVORITE VLOGGERS ARE PREGNANT AGAINNNNNNN
- The tide pod thing happened, and I contributed with this:
- Participating in the 24 in 48 readathon
- Going to band after drinking a lot of coffee, and driving everybody crazy and bouncing on my chair (literally) through 3 hours of rehearsal
- My last semester started!!!
- Going to a friend’s house to study and being loved upon by her two (!!!) sweetest (!!!) golden retrievers
- Looking for blogger interviews and having the slots fill up so fast!!!
- Realizing that you have only literally have 3 classes to do this semester
- Getting to lead lots of little flutes in sectionals at band
- Two of my best friends got instagram and like omg
- Started to get into drinking coffee and experimenting with my milk frother to make lattes
- Not being able to type because you’re rapping Hamilton
- When your mom asks you a question when you’re watching dodie and you answer in a distinctly British accent
- Typing “email” into the search bar when you’re trying to get to your email
- Having a 3am-10am sleep schedule
- Writing 1000 word blogposts regularly, but struggling to write a 700 word essay
- Going away for a weekend, and coming back to literally 70 new blogposts to read
- Choosing the Proverbs with 18 verses to read instead of the one with 33 verses becAUSE IT WAS LATE AND YOU WERE TIRED
- When your pastor says “see you Sunday” and you straight up say “wait what’s on Sunday” as if you haven’t been going to church your entire life
- When you’re so productive that you block your own college sign in page
Life is Pain by Brooke
Pushing God Away by Anna Joy
Library Memories by Katie Grace
- Views: 727
- Visitors: 367
- Countries Viewed From-
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
January Goals WrapUp
- Go to bed before 12 am. lol as if
- Stay well-hydrated. I almost tried
3 blog comments every day. I !!! DID!!! IT!!!
- Knit some every day. I’ll admit, I knit more than I usually do, but I didn’t knit everyday. I finished 1/4 of my sweater!!
- Read 15 books. I read 10, which I’m happy with!!
- Review verses. I memorized, what, exactly half a verse?
- Finish my entire to-do list. DO I LOOK LIKE FREAKING ABBIEE
- Get my senior pictures done! Nope. But I’m doing that tomorrow!!!
Finish applying to colleges! I DID IT!!! (courtesy of too many late nights and ruining my sleep schedule) praise the Lord.
- Go to bed before 12 am and get up before 8am. After having a 3-10 sleep schedule (see above), I really need to get my sleep schedule back together
- Take my senior pictures (honestly just putting this one in because I’ll be doing them literally tomorrow)
- Read 8 books because it’s a short month
- Post consistently on my blog Instagram Because I haven’t posted regularly in forever and I need to do that (It’s bookstagram month!)
- Don’t fall behind on school let’s finish out senior year strong!!!
- Don’t die at regionals while also making decent notesheets
- Comment on 5 blogposts a day because it’s a short month and I’m very behind on reading blogposts
- Learn to make lattes and also drink water
WEEELLLLLLL that’s a wrap! What parts of this wrapup can I leave out next time? What are some of your goals for February?
I haven’t done one of these in FOREVER, and this is the last one of the year! So here’s what I’ve been watching/reading/listening to, mediawise in December!
Cool Blogposts Read
Goodbye, Part Two
I Came, I Saw, I Judged by Jessica
What Christmas Has Become by Julia
Great Videos Watched
HI FRENS! Today we’re going to talk about my goals for January of 2018! You may have seen in my 2018 Resolutions blogpost about how I’m going to be doing monthly goals now, because my life is going to be CRAZY this year!
So. Here are my January 2018 goals!
- Go to bed before 12 am. Especially the latter part of this month, I’ve been super super bad about going to bed on time (like, 3am bad). I know 12 am is still late, but I have several college applications due this month at midnight so we’ll see how that even goes XD
- Stay well-hydrated. Last year, I made a resolution to drink more water, which worked decently, until the very end of the year. My plan for January is to rehydrate my self, then to keep myself well hydrated, since I perform so much better that way.
- 3 blog comments every day. Like last year, I’m currently planning on doing 3 blog comments every day. If I do this monthly, I can cut back on the months I’m going to be busier, and overall it’s going to work better, I think.
- Knit some every day. I have a bunch of knitting projects I’ve been meaning to get done for FOREVER, but have never gotten around to doing. If I knit a little every day, then I’ll be that much nearer to finishing!
- Read 15 books. January is usually a decently low-key month for me in terms of school, so I’m hoping to spend some of that extra time reading!
- Review verses. In January, I’m going to be memorizing Philippians 1: 1-18 with my Bright Lights group, and I’ll have to keep up with that every day!
- Finish my entire to-do list. This entails keeping up with school work (which I’ve been really bad about) and otherwise finishing my to-do list for the day, to keep myself from overcommitting to projects and tasks that I can’t complete.
- Get my senior pictures done! It’s senior year, and one of my best friends is taking my senior photos, and my other best friend is doing my makeup! I hope we can get that done this month, but definitely next month otherwise!
- Finish applying to colleges! This is something that I have to do, since nearly every college deadline is between now and January 15th. (Bless you UMich for your February 1st deadline) I hope I can get all my application essays done in January!
And that’s it! These are my goals for next month!
What are your goals for January? Do you usually set yearly goals, or monthly goals?
It’s been a while, hasn’t it? (Note the irony of my blog relaunch followed by an almost three-month hiatus XD).
Hopefully I won’t leave this time. HOPEFULLY. So, a little recap since the last time I blogged.
- I started applying to colleges! I also got accepted into my first college!
- I started [dual enrollment] college classes! Chemistry and Calculus 1…it’s hard but also easier than I expected it to be?
- And I also started senior year! (WHAT HOW AM I OLD ENOUGH?) I’m only taking 4 classes total this year but somehow I’m still super super busy?
- I started a new bullet journal! (photos/post coming soon!)
- I finished my summer internship and my volunteer job!
- I made pumpkin cheesecake brownies for Halloween!
- My friend got her license which means that I get to tag along to lots of fun friend things!
- I drove for the first time. And I also somehow broke the breaks of said car. Which is A++.
- My parents sold aforementioned car, which is ~20 years old and the car I grew up in.
- Twitter doubled the character limit, which is NOT OKAY. I AM NOT COOL WITH THIS.
- It’s Christmas music season!
- I changed my profile pictures for literally the first time since I started doing internet stuff
- I become very sleep deprived and have been taking naps almost every day
- Looking more into my personality and how that influences how I interact with others and how I can help others and stuff like that
- I found I like twitter the most out of my social medias, in terms of activeness, and Instagram the most in terms of spending time
I haven’t posted since August, so here are the playlists for August through October!
A random conglomeration of videos that I saved over this summer.
And that’s it for my recap!
Hopefully I’ll be able to post semi-regularly now, and I may or may not be doing a few collabs soon? I’m also doing a ton of book reviews really soon because my review copies have been piLING UP.
Oh! I’m also doing BLOGMAS again this year! (hopefully, at least) Stay tuned for thattoo!
ALSO! Check out the blogger yearbook here! There are only 5 days left until submissions close!
What have you been doing this fall? Are you applying to colleges? Are you as behind on life (and sleep) as I am? Have you signed up for the yearbook yet?
Let me know down below!
Photo Credts, editing mine, feat PicMonkey
- I finished out my Junior Year!
- The Bright Eyes Podcast came out AND ITS SO SO AMAZING GO CHECK IT OUT NOW.
- I FINALLY CHANGED MY TWITTER HEADER from *cough*the blogmas header *cough* (but I AM rather proud of it, @HanneasinHannah check it out XD) AND ALSO MY USERNAME ON BOTH TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM (HanneasinHannah now on both!)
- I FINALLY GOT (kinda) CAUGHT UP on commenting on other people’s blogs!!! (lol if you see literally 7 straight comments from me on your blog…..*hides*)
- Working 40 hours a week still and now learning to appreciate why people like the weekend so much
- I got sick and almost froze to death at the place where I work beCAUSE APPARENTLY IT’S NECESSARY TO KEEP THE AC AT FREEZING
- I got my first legit paycheck ever!
- But also on the same day I got my paycheck I threw my phone across the room and the screen shattered
- Starting to sort through college stuffs and boy…it’s interesting
- BACK TO SCHOOL STARTED ON YOUTUBE AND IT’S NOT OKAY
- I had a dream where I met Leane in real life but she introduced herself to me as Anne, and I didn’t recognize her until golden hour
- Free Food Day 2017 happened and I got free chick-fil-a and also free 7-11 slurpees
- FREN TIME
- I tried a bookstagram challenge and it worked for 6 days
- The Bright Eyes Podcast. Literally, what more can I say? GO LISTEN TO ITTT
- GETTING YOUR GOAL SAT SCORE AND NOT HAVING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE *hallelujah*
- A summer where YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A/C IN YOUR HOUSE AND PRAISE JESUS IS IT THE BEST THING EVER
- Listening to a playlist of Hamilton and Moana and admiring how well Lin Manuel’s writing flows together
- Filling in forms for your local homeschool group where you don’t have to be all formal
- Cooking the perfect amount of macaroni so now obviously you’re certified to be an adult
- That part of the clothes cycle where you wear black t-shirts everyday so no one can tell if it’s the same shirt or not
- When it’s 2am and you still haven’t listened to the 30 minute long Bright Eyes Podcast yet but still manage to do it, even if you’re working a full day the next day
- When you collect 6 assorted glasses etc from your room so now you’re basically the model for the World’s Most Rebellious Teenager™
- Signing up for the SAT on the last day so all the nearby high schools have full seats and you’re going to have to DRIVE 70 MILES to get to your SAT
- Really really wanting to reveal to The Internet™ where your general location is but Creepy Internet Stalkers™ tho
- Reading “God’s covenant” as “God’s covfefe” so now y’all know I’m very spiritually attune
- Responding to a customer who said “Have a nice day!” with “thanks, you too!” instinctively, then without realizing, saying “Have a nice day!” back to them again
- Writing “As a high school student” but deciding to change it to “as a student” bc it’s college, but typing “As a high student” instead.
That Moment When-
- When you listen to Bright Eyes Podcast at 2:30am with moths at your window, rain falling, in the dark and being straight up paralyzed in fear
- You discover that Julie Andrews has a daughter whose name is basically Emma Watson Hamilton (it’s Emma Walton Hamilton, but who’s checking?)
- You’re lying in bed with no pants on because that’s clearly how you adult
- You meet a friend at youth group whom you haven’t seen for literally 6 years but you feel like you know each other because of Instagram and the leader is going “???” because of how teens communicate these days *eyeroll*
- Trying to take a screenshot to show your cracked screen. Needless to say, it didn’t work
- Countries Viewed From:
and thus concludes another month. It was an eventful month: the end of the school year and the beginning of summer (and work); it was a month of many, many birthdays of people I love. It was also a good month for my twitter analytics, apparently.
Image Credits, Editing mine, feat PicMonkey
- SO MANY BIRTHDAYS. Jeneca, Anna Joy, Aimee, Lindsey, Sydney, Vanessa, Abbiee, and my best friend. ❤
- My cousin came over and stayed at our house for two weeks! We also went to NYC together, so that was fun. *spouts Hamilton lyrics*
- I ‘participated’ in my first 24hour readathon, even though I only finished one and a half books
- Twitter updated. It’s sleek but weird
- I started my summer internship. Working 40 hours a week is INTENSE and now I know why everyone on twitter is like #TGIF
- I revealed the pronunciation of my name to the world and everyone was confused
- The Science Olympiad events for 2018 came out and I got unrealistically excited, particularly because I’m not even doing it next year
- I found MBTI Bingo Cards and they are the best thing ever. Also, I’m stereotypically ESFP
- Reading A Series of Unfortunate Events, and seeing everyone who’s already read it on GoodReads and feeling like you’ve entered some Secret Reading Club™
- Being much too sassy for my own good on my Music Theory notes
- A little boy at the grocery store who was so happy that his mom bought him his very own drink that he waved at me
- When you’re at work writing to-do lists of all the things you’re going to do when you get home, but then actually be at home on social media because the wifi at work is terrible
- When you’re cleaning out your backpack and find a bunch of gum…all partially unwrapped at the bottom
- Being in the campus library with your backpack upstairs to keep from eating all the food before 2pm
- Accidentally walking in between a gay couple holding hands in New York City
- Accidentally being in New York City the week of #NYCPride and being inundated with RAINBOW EVERYTHING
- The week you’re off work, the office does pizza, team building, and escape room
- Overhearing two ladies talking about being on their period . . . then seeing that they’re wearing white and pale pink pants
- Light green and purple scrapbook paper. Like ??? UGLY MUCH???
That Moment When-
- You’re off twitter for ONE DAY and have to spend 45 minutes catching up
- There are calluses on your dominant index finger and you can’t type with it on your screen
- You’re not a gambler, but you wore white jeans
- One small thing suddenly reminds you of how much you miss something you didn’t know you missed
- YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A LEGIT PILE OF BOOKS TO READ LIKE WHATTTTT
“Basically, I sound like I know what I’m doing but really, I have no idea” ~me when people ask about college stuff
“I’m going on a keto-diet! No bread, nothing!”
“Oh, it’s national army day today? Time to celebrate! …with cookies”
“Come on, let’s go before I cart away the whole library.” ~me, while carrying 20 books
- Spring Song by Mendelssohn, piano
- Bach’s Inventio 5, piano
- Moonlight Sonata by Mozart, piano
- Rondo in D Major by Mozart, flute
A *slightly* better month for blogging. I’m only behind because I upped the weekly post count to 3 so that I can catch up on all the books I need to review XD
- Views: 368
- Visitors: 217
- Countries Viewed From:
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates