In which Hanne gives the Internet good advice about how to Spring Break™
Since Spring Break™ is not overrated, obviously.
So. It’s Spring Break. And you have lots of free time*. What are you going to do in that free time? Write a novel? Go to the park? Finish watching that TV show that everyone seems to like watching**?
*I know no one does, being a human in 2017. Humor me, will ya?
**Being someone who has never seen a TV show, this is my attempt at not being a undersocialized homeschooler, okay?
Let me tell you. In 25 Easy-To-Follow-Suggestions-That-You-Must-Follow-Before-The-Fairy-Godmother-Turns-Things-Into-Pumpkins.
- Make a list. THE LIST. The list of all the things that you’ll have to do sometime between Now and The End Of Spring Break.
And if you’re anything like me, this is what The List looks like.
- Go on your phone and scroll through twitter. And instagram. And facebook. And snapchat. And all the other social medias that 2017 has produced. This should effectively take care of all the spare time you were concerned about.
- Notice that you should probably do something to look productive. Look at The List and rank them in order of importance and priority and that sort of responsible stuff. Unless you’re Really Responsible, no actual work is required now.
- Make a playlist of music that you’ll want to listen to in The Future.
- (And/or to Step 4). Learn all the words to Hamilton: the Musical. And if you haven’t listened to Hamilton yet, WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
- Make plans to do Something Fun. AND, if you’re lucky, actually go to said Something Fun event. Take lots of pictures, since this may well be the highlight of your entire Spring Break
- Get on the Internet and catch up on blog stuff. Which is easily caught up on, amiright?* Like y’know, 2 hours of focused work? 16436532 new blogposts to read and comment on and the Instagram aesthetics and the prescheduled blogposts?*for the nonblogger beautiful faces, THIS IS SARCASM. NO ONE ‘CATCHES UP’ ON BLOGGING (bless your nonblogger face, btw. thx for reading)
- Look up from the computer screen and noticed that Eternity and A Day has passed. Consider doing something from The List (why hasn’t it been Trademarked yet?), possibly, at least.
- Make cookies. Because EVERYONE NEEDS COOKIES, OKAY? Everyone in the blogger world is talking about Waffles and Pancakes from when I didn’t know PEOPLE in the blog world and thus didn’t participate and I’m just like
- Have epic chats with your FREN GROUP. And if your fren group happens to consist of 24 people, it’s EPICNESS.
(yes, it’s a Science Olympiad chat. No, we don’t talk about science
much. Yes, it is actually really fun. Yes, maybe I am weird.)
- Go outside and be social. Yes, I know it’s hard. Do things with friends.
- Do the Science Night at your homeschool co-op*. Go talk about rocks and yell louder than the co-op
dictator director (hey, typos happen, okay?) and bust helicopters. It’s great fun.*
*Yes, okay, fine, I’m weird. But you still like me, right? *looks around hopefully*
- Suddenly remember that 7-page paper that you have due at the end of spring break. Then discard that nasty thought promptly.
- Watch a movie. Beauty and the Beast, maybe?
- Get out all your summer clothes. See if they fit and stuff like that.
- Actually write a novel. (But then, you’d have to scrap the 24 other ideas on this list, and why would you want to do that?) Also, Camp NaNoWriMo is a thing.
- And, if writing a novel is too much work, read one. (Reading books is a good thing, you know? Kids these days. *eye roll)
- Go outdoors, like hiking
- Prep for the SAT. There’s one coming up in April. And then one in May. And then one in June. And if you’re lucky enough to not have to take the SAT, prep for the ACT. There’s one in April and another one is in June.
- Do some sort of art. Artsy things are great!
- Sleep more. Because sleep is also great.
- Remember The List. Then don’t. Because procrastinating is great.
(Yes, the word ‘great’ is overused. I evidently don’t use it enough)
- Catch up on all 1286498056 YouTube videos that you missed while you were being responsible and productive and doing school.
- Do something for someone else. Lots of people need help and time and stuffs. Help someone.
- Suddenly panic, remembering The List Of Doom that you have. Spend the rest of your spring break alternating between procrastinating and frantically scribbling.
AAAANDDD there you have it. A comprehensive* list of things to do while on Spring Break. A foolproof way to spend your time. Perfect. And you managed to put off all your school until the very end, which is how we wanted it, right? Right.
*very comprehensive. If you follow all my steps, you will have a well-done Spring Break.
Happy 3-Days-Before-Christmas, y’all!
Today, I have…top 25 blogs to follow before 2017! As the year ends, here are 25 blogs that I follow that you should too because I’m a kind generous blogger person like that.
Also check out my blogs page right here with all the blogs I follow. because shameless self promo
Here we go!
- A Girl Saved by God’s Grace This is a beautiful blog with a lot of “thought” posts, as well as lifestyle-ish style posts. I think it’s a new blog, because there aren’t many followers, but I personally am loving it!
- A Little Bit of Joy and Gratitude Lydia blogs about her family, and she was one of the people who inspired me to make one for my own family as well! Her family is so much fun. 😀
- A Writer’s Faith This blog by Katie Grace is a writing blog (lots of NaNo), but is also awesome, funny, and ALL THE THINGS.
- Becoming Lost Hannah posts lots of deep thoughtful posts, about discipleship and stuff. Her posts are often super good. She won’t be blogging starting in February, though…I’m enjoying her blog while it lasts!
- Bonnie’s Blessings Bonnie is a homeschooled (graduate, I think) girl from New Zealand who moved to the US for 6 months to work. She posts about lots of lifestyle, and she’s also pretty great at Bible journaling. 😉
- Eromai This is a blog started by two girls, Brooklyn and Anna, and it serves to lead girls further in their walk towards becoming more like Jesus. It’s super new, and I totally recommend that you go check it out, because it’s pretty awesome!
- Established in Faith Alyssa posts a bunch of awesome faith posts, and her posts are usually either challenging or encouraging, and they’re so insightful!
- Girls Living for God’s Glory This is a blog run by 10 girls, who strive to live for God’s glory, and disciple others to do so too!
- Grace In Everything If there is a blog whose posts I would describe as “beautiful,” this would be it. Hannah’s posts are so delicately crafted, and her way with words…wow.
- Growing in His Image I found Aaliyah on twitter
follow me there too and love her blog too! She posts about growing closer to Jesus and also lifestyle. 🙂
- Happily Abi Abi posts a mix between lifestyle, photography, and Bible posts, and it’s a pretty awesome blog to check out!
- It’s Simply Me Vanessa’s blog is super awesome: she posts lots of different types of content, she takes so many beautiful pictures, AND SHE ALSO VLOGS.
- Loud and Clear Jacyrayn is another blogger I found via twitter, and her posts are always so encouraging!
- My Life Online This is a blog written by a girl who shares a lot of her awkward experiences online. Her blog is growing super fast!
- Musings of an Elf Christine is a writer who works at a book shop and drinks tea…a beautiful life. 🙂 Her blog is amazing, and her latest posts (about NaNo…surprise!) were so much fun to read.
- Paper Fury Cait is a book blogger, and a bookstagramer. I mean…just go check out her blog. ITS AWESOME. JUST DO IT.
- Pen and Ink Megan mostly posts about lifestyle, and her posts are always super interesting!
- Princess Faith Faith’s posts are so deep and powerful. She also has super pictures that go with her blogposts.
- Rustling Thoughts Chloe writes mostly about lifestyle, and she always can highlight something positively and make it funny. (ALSO: GIFS)
- Saved by Grace Kara…wow, she blogs about her faith, and with a passion! She’s often challenging her readers in deepening their walk with Jesus.
- Serenity Elly’s blog is one of the newer ones that I’ve followed, but what I’ve seen from her is amazing so far! She’s doing blogmas, and her poetry is awesome, as is her photography. 🙂
- South Kakalaki Girl This is a girl’s collab blog, run by two girls, Amanda and Rachel, and it’s a great blog for girls to follow, with tips and thoughts, and lots of fun things. I’m loving it!
- The Introverted Extrovert Sarah Margaret is an awesome photographer and writer. She posts about writing (NaNo) and also “thought” posts.
- The Jumping Bean Nichole’s blog is one of the newer blogs I’m following, but her content is so good, and I’m loving it so far!
- Totally Graced Grace is such a awesome writer. She’s really straightforward, and she posts a mix between lifestyle and writing posts, and she’s one of my main inspiration sources.
Wow, I didn’t realize I read so many blogs! This was harder than I thought it was going to be, haha!
Now I’m going to challenge you.
Can you make your own list of 25 Blogs to Follow before 2017? We can all go and share the love amongst all of us bloggers.
Let’s all start 2017 with a TON of new blogs to read, aye?
Hi readers! Welcome back to Day 8 of Blogmas!
Today, I have 25 Christmas gift ideas. I tried to chose ideas from a fairly large gift range.
because I’m nice like that because I don’t use affiliate links, you’ll have to go find these things yourself if you want to buy something from here muahaha
- A Polaroid camera. They’ve been coming back in style recently, and they’re really cute and tumblr. 🙂
- Nail polish. Can’t really go wrong there.
- BOOKS. ALL THE BOOKS. (but make sure you’re at least a little sure of what the person you’re giving them to likes. OTHERWISE PREPARE TO BE EATEN BY FURIOUS BOOKWORMMONSTERS)
- Cookie mixes
- Cute mugs. BECAUSE HOT CHOCOLATE. (how many times have you seen that gif this blogmas?)
- A Leuchtturm 1917 Bullet Journal (BECAUSE I NEED ONE, SISTA)
- Fuzzy socks.
- Fuzzy sweaters
- FUZZY THINGS
- Knitted stuffs…again, fuzzy
- Bath salts and stuff like that (because I’ll never use it but I might regift it)
- Throw pillows, because THEY CUTE
- Stationary stuffs
- Electronic stuffs like headphones, a mouse, etc
- iPod/phone cases (this goes without saying, but know what model they have)
- A laptop
psssss so that I can blog, no that was not a hint
- Candy. Because ALWAYS
but not the unscented ones…those are utterly useless, guys.
- Phone cases, because CUTE
- Something for their collection…if they have a collection of something, then give them something in their collection
- Some movies
- GIFT CARDS. BECAUSE THEY’RE ULTRA USEFUL FOR EVERYTHING
So this was actually an almost serious post….hehe…I hope you gleaned some inspiration from this post!
Hello readers, and welcome to day 3 of Blogmas! realizing how hard it’s going to be to come up with 25 of these blogmas introductions XD
Today, I’m bringing you 25 Things to Do Before Christmas! because obviously when I post this on December 3rd, there’s still 25 days before Christmas
- Play Christmas music. ALL THE CHRISTMAS MUSIC.
- Do a Advent/Count Down to Christmas thing.
- Make Christmas cookies. Necessities.
- Watch a Christmas movie.
- Read a Christmas book. Like A Christmas Carol,
because that’s the only book I can think of.
- Make a list of people you’re giving gifts to this year.
- Flounder under said list of people
- Make hot cocoa and add an unreasonable amount of toppings. Whipped cream, caramel sauce, candy canes, peppermint extract, YOU NAME IT!
- Sit in front of a fire and revel in the warmness
- Do BLOGMAS because I was stupid and did it, and so now Y’ALL HAVE TO PARTAKE IN THE STUPIDITY MUAHAHAHA
- Follow lots of new blogs (shoutout to all the 30some new blogs I followed this week!)
- Actually be active in blogging….as in…ACTUALLY COMMENTING on people’s blogposts!
surprise! Who knew?!
- Take the SAT and not die (#me)
- Sing “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” wayyyyy too many times, even though it’s impossible to have a White Christmas where you live.
- Do something fun with friends like going ice skating.
- Make something cool. Art stuffs.
- Donate your time, money, energy, presents, etc, to someone in need (and trust me, there’s plenty of people in need, especially around Christmastime)
- Make a gingerbread house
- Look at your gift list (see #4), and actually realize that you should probably get to those at some point….before Christmas.
- Spend lots of time with family and friends and NOT WITH SCHOOL.
- COME UP WITH A NEW AND INTERESTING DECEMBER BUCKET LIST AND PUT IT ON PINTEREST BECAUSE ALL THE ONES ON PINTEREST ARE IDENTICAL AND I CANT GLEAN ANY INSPIRATION… *hemhem*…but anyways…
- Drive around and look at people’s Christmas lights
and don’t be stalkery and go “oh, look, they put that light strand up last year on a different part of their tree” #me.
- Redecorate your room and do ALL THE CHRISTMAS THINGS.
- Go to a Christmas Eve Service and light candles and sing and ALL THE AWESOMENESS.
- Look at your gift list (see #4 and #19), and notice that you actually should probably have done something about the people on your list.
*looks around awkwardly*
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEVER GOT A CHRISTMAS PRESENT FROM ME LAST YEAR?!?!
ahem. Moving on….
I hope this
completely serious list of 25 things YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE CHRISTMAS (because clickbait like that) was helpful to y’all. #sarcasm
Apparently I shouldn’t write so close to midnight….my writing now sounds like a mix of an awkward 8 year old blogger girl, Cait, and like, ALL THE WEIRDNESS. (Cait, if you’re ever reading this, YOUR WRITING IS SUPER AWESOMES)
MERRY 22 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!
So…I may be crazy or something, but I’ve decided that I’m going to do
I’ve watched a couple (as in, one) year
s of vlogmas on YT (hers), and this year, I’ll be watching several vlogmases (here, here, and here). Then I had a brilliant idea…why not do a blogmas of your own? After all, you’re only going to take the SAT and ACT on consecutive weeks, have 3 more weeks of school, have three million presents to make, a room to decorate, you obviously have enough time and energy to do Blogmas!
(It IS a good idea: I’ve been talking about Christmas for a bajillion years aka since last Christmas, so…)
But anyways…here’s Day 1 of RockandMinerals4Him Blogmas 2016!
Day 1: Top 25 Christmas Songs to Listen To This Season
The title is pretty self-explanatory. 😛 Also since I’ve been listening to Christmas music since, what, September 1st, I’m OBVIOUSLY a Christmas music expert. OBVIOUSLY.
So let’s get into it, shall we? *realizes how much self sounds like a YouTuber…oops*
(This is in no particular order…I don’t have the energy to sort them in order XD) Also
since I don’t use Blogger and WordPress widgets and stuff are stupid I’m not techy enough to give you a Spotify playlist, and thus the YouTube Links. Deal with it. XD
- Amazing Grace (Peter Hollins)
- Carol of the Bells (Pentatonix)
- Carol of the Bells (The Piano Guys)
- Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (Francesca Batistelli)
- Christmas Is (Francesca Battistelli)
- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (Pentatonix)
- December Song (Peter Hollins)
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentelmen (Pentatonix)
- Go Tell It On The Mountain (Francesca Batistelli)
- Grown Up Christmas List (Peter Hollins)
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Cimorelli)
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Lauren Daigle)
- It’s Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas (Bing Crosby) (who am I kidding I was singing this in July)
- Joy To The World (Francesca Batistelli)
- Little Drummer Boy (Pentatonix)
- Mary Did You Know (Pentatonix)
- Noel (Chris Tomlin ft. Lauren Daigle)
- O Holy Night (Lauren Daigle)
- Sleigh Ride (Pentatonix)
- The Nutcracker (Straight No Chaser)
- The Christmas Can-Can (Straight No Chaser)
- The First Noel (Pentatonix)
- What Child Is This (Lauren Daigle)
- White Christmas (Lauren Daigle)
- Winter Wonderland (Niki and Gabi)
Here’s a YouTube playlist with all the songs on this list.
See you tomorrow!
I really enjoy making “Top 5” posts, mainly because they’re easy, they show readers what I enjoy, and there is virtually no limit to the Top 5 posts you can make.
So here are my List of 25 Top 5 Blogging Prompts–
- Top 5 favorite YouTubers
- Top 5 favorite blogs
- Top 5 favorite websites (and this can be used for various topics too, such as Top 5 Websites for School and so on)
- Top 5 favorite social media sites (we all have at least 5 social media sites, don’t we?)
- Top 5 apps on your phone (in my case, I have no such thing)
- Top 5 favorite authors
- Top 5 favorite books
- Top 5 favorite series
- Top 5 favorite quotes
- Top 5 favorite movies
- Top 5 favorite songs
- Top 5 favorite artists
- Top 5 favorite foods
- Top 5 favorite desserts
- Top 5 favorite candies
- Top 5 articles of clothing
- Top 5 favorite hairstyles
- Top 5 reasons for the season (i.e. Top 5 reasons why I like fall)
- Top 5 favorite holidays
- Top 5 places you like to go to (for me, they’d be something like the library, the pool, and so forth)
- Top 5 places you want to go to
- Top 5 coolest places you’ve been to
- Top 5 hobbies
- Top 5 favorite languages (you want to learn, you’ve learned, you’re learning)
- Top 5 favorite life hacks
Now, for 25 more blogpost ideas? Take the “Top 5 favorite” and turn it into “Bottom 5 most hated”, and you’ll have another set of blogposts ready for the writing!
Now, go forth and blog!