ALSO GUYS THIS IS THE FIRST BLOGPOST I’M WRITING AS A *GRADUATE*!!!!!!!! I still can’t comprehend it either, honestly. I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL. (also this Blue Sky tag was Hailey’s first blogpost post-high school, and I’m very excited about how perfect that is)
The rules for the tag are: thank the person who tagged you and answer their 11 questions, then tag 11 more people and give them 11 questions to answer. So, here are her questions and my answers!
- Why did you start your blog?
Believe it or not . . . I don’t really know? I initially started it to log some random thoughts that I had, and posted little life updates on it. This blog is now LONG DEAD, but its successor, which is still semi-active, is here.
THIS blog I started to write more legit blogposts on, once I was more accustomed to writing things to post on the internet. So basically, I started blogging because I’m a chronic oversharer. #oops.
- If you could have dinner with any one person who’s alive right now, who would you choose?
Hmmm…..in creative terms, I would have to say someone who’s pursued their dreams and been successful, so maybe someone like Abbie or dodie. In more practical terms, probably someone who’s done something cool in my field. (MY WORD I’M A COLLEGE STUDENT NOW I’M SO PROFESSIONAL)
- Favorite book of the Bible and why?
For the Old Testament, definitely Proverbs. I love all the pieces of wisdom that are contained within it, in such easy to read form. For the New Testament, it’s less certain, but I really love First Corinthians. It’s such a beautiful book.
- Favorite music genre to listen to?
Well, considering my music just went from pop to christmas to movie soundtrack to musical to kpop to classical? I DON’T KNOW MYSELF??? I think mostly indie (though I’m really bad at finding new artists to listen to SO GIVE ME YOUR RECS). But also a lot of pop. (also whatever Taylor Swift is??)
Also fun fact about me! 9 times out of 10, I’m shuffling all of my music on Spotify and it’s a wild ride, honestly.
- What’s your earliest memory?
I have some vague ones of being in the car (particularly one of my mom telling me not to kick the back of the driver’s seat, which, WOW my legs were short enough to be able to kick the top of the back of the driver’s seat). I also have several of my mom playing with me, and I specifically remember when I was practicing piano (age 6 maybe?) and was very frustrated and bit the edge of the music stand. The teeth marks are still there.
- What job would you be great at, and what job would you be horrible at?
I’ve said many times that a job I’d be amazing at would be those minimum-wage customer service jobs? Like those at McDonalds or stuff like that–I love working with people and serving people, and I honestly just think that would be an amazing working environment for me. If it weren’t for the fact that it’s not really sustainable.
A job I’d be horrible at would be, ironically, what I’m planning on doing: a office type, sealed-away, mad-scientist job. I love working with people, and a job like that wouldn’t be fun, or good for me.
- Dream vacation spot?
Definitely the Maldives or Bora Bora (or Hawai’i. I’m not picky). I’ve not been to any beachy-islands, but they are sO PRETTY. I WANT TO GO SO BADLY. But also Europe, because exPERIENCE.
- When writing, are you a plotter or a pantser?
HA I don’t write! But I would definitely be a pantser, I think, if I were to write. (Case in point: Hailey tagged me in this over a year ago, and I’m just reading the questions and writing the post now . . . less than a day before it goes up!)
- What makes you angry?
So many things, honestly, but not many of which actually matter (#oops). Some include: people underestimating homeschoolers, people UNDERESTIMATING homeschoolers, PEOPLE UNDERESTIMATING HOMESCHOOLERS, and PEOPLE UNDERESTIMATING HOMESCHOOLERS. It’s a rather extensive list.
- What accomplishments in your life are you most proud of?
THE FACT THAT I FREAKING GRADUATED???? LIKE, I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL. I AM A FUNCTIONING ADULT WITH A SUSTAINABLE EDUCATION. But aside from that? I placed 7th nationwide once for Science Olympiad, which is super nerdy but which I’m SUPER proud of, if only for the reason that I managed to get that far. I’m also really proud of the memoir I wrote after being in Science Olympiad, and several blogposts (and all of blogging in general). I’m a simple person to please XD
- What has God been teaching you lately?
Along with the fact that I GRADUATED and the fact that I MOVE OUT IN 71 DAYS, it’s just been a huge season of change for me, and it’s been hard coming to face that. uGH.
- Lisa at Inkwell.
- Kara at Beautifully Broken.
- Julia at The Barefoot Gal.
- Maggie at Dreaming of Guatemala.
- Nichole at Thoughtful Inklings.
- Vanessa at Simply Me.
- Evangeline at An Odd Blog.
- Charley at The Miss Charley.
- Riley at Riley Aline.
- Maddy at Little Bit of Sunshine
- Hannah at Plottinger Twist
Go check out all these lovely girls! They all have such fun and amazing blogs. 🙂
The rules are as follows: thank the person who tagged you and answer their 11 questions, then tag 11 more people and give them 11 questions to answer. (And if I didn’t tag you but you’d like to participate, please do!)
- How do you spend your money? Are you more of a saver or a spender, and what takes the most of your money?
- What is the pettiest thing you’ve ever done?
- Would you rather have a lot of acquaintances or a few close friends, and why?
- What book do you first remember reading?
- What is your most recent/most recent God-moment? (for those who don’t know, a God-moment is a moment that just works out so perfectly, and afterwards is just so apparent that God had his hands on the whole situation)
- If you had to choose between blogging and whatever other creative pursuits you have (writing, YouTube, photography, etc), which would you choose, and why?
- What are the books that you recommend to people?
- What language do you want to learn/have learned?
- What makes you angry? (same question as Hailey’s, because I’m so interested!)
- If you could eliminate one weakness from your life right now, what would it be?
- What is your top love language?