Welllll…..it’s halfway through the year, and that means it’s time for Midyear New Year’s Resolutions updates!
Photo via stockimage website, editing mine, feat PicMonkey
Right off the bat, I’m going to say that I’m pretty sure I’ve not done very well at any of these, but we shall see.
- Do Bible reading everyday. Oh my goodness…I used to do Bible reading all the time daily! This year, I’ve haven’t done it, nearly at all. Fail
- Memorize 3 chapters of the Bible. …let’s just say not. Fail
- Pray more, and more specifically. Let’s just say I kinda forgot all about this?? (I haven’t been praying nearly at all and I really need to do it :/) Fail
- Clear the dishwasher every morning. This actually lasted longer than I expected (a cumulative total of about a month?) but again, haven’t done it and need to get started on that too. Fail
- Don’t use more than 1000 hours of internet. This one’s actually going surprisingly well. I’m currently a little less than halfway through the 1000 hours, which is pretty amazing, actually. This doesn’t count the time I’m on my phone, though, so it’s not an entirely accurate count of time. Success
- Read 150 books. This is going pretty well. Currently, I’m at 70, which is still *slightly* behind what it should be, but really isn’t anything to worry about (unlike *cough* the previous ones) Success
- Write a total of 300 blogposts. I’m currently at 190 blogposts, which is a little behind, but not TOO behind. I’m doing three posts a week for June through August, so it boosts my post count. 😅 Starting September, though, I’m going to be cutting down to one post per week, but hopefully make it of better quality, while stocking up posts for Blogmas. We’ll see how that goes XD Success (or at least, not failure)
- Comment 3x a day on other blogs. I did this mainly in January and February, and saw a lot of resulting traffic/action from it. However, starting in March, I got really busy so I haven’t really been doing it as much, and the blog stats have reflected that. I’ll be doing more of it (and catching up) over this next couple months Fail
- Stay on track with the family blog. This worked, again, for two months until I got busy and didn’t have time to do it anymore. I’ve been recording some for over the summer as well, so I’m going to try to catch up. Fail
- Post regularly on Instagram. In contrast with the other resolutions, this one has been going better after being slow in the first few months. I’ve been posting once every four or so days, with some semblance of a theme, so that was nice. This month, I’m doing a bookstagram challenge thing, so I’ll be posting every day…at least until I mess up. Success
- Do more art. Naturally, since I haven’t had time, I couldn’t have done any art. I’ve done a few hand lettering projects, which have been fun, but I haven’t really made much progress. I will definitely do a bunch over the summer though, to prepare for the county fair, and it’s going to be fun 😊😊 Fail
- No carbonated drinks. This one is working. I’ve been off of carbonated drinks all year, with the exception of two slurpees, which I always forget are carbonated (oops), but haven’t knowingly had any. Success
- Exercise (at least 1 hour) intensively every week. *nervous laughing in the distance* Fail
- Drink more water. Yes and no? I’m slightly more conscious about having to drink water, but as for the amount and/or how it compares to last year, I can’t really say. I’m going to count this as a Fail, though, since I can’t definitively say, nor did I record myself as drinking enough water.
Overall, this year has been a decent (???) year for New Year’s Resolutions? This year has been mostly all habit-y stuff, not so much goals, so I’m not going to modify them or add to them. I’m currently at 5/14, so we’ll see how this ends 😅
Man, could it already be the third of these posts I’m writing? (Also, as I’m writing this, I’m looking back on old posts, and I’m actually rather amazed by how much I’ve grown over the past two years. Like, why on earth would I want to have become a. ambidextrous, or b. a vegetarian?)
(and if you want to stalk, here they are. Don’t cringe too hard. 2015 2016)
Also, it’s my 2 year Blogiversary today! WOWWWW.
But anyways…..on to the recap of the year, since this post is going to be long enough already. 😛
- 130 total posts (90 written in 2016)
- Views: 2792 (compared to 845 last year…WOW!)
- Received visitors from 39 different countries
- 50 followers! Thank you all!!
Random blog highlights of the year:
Most Read Posts
What’s in My Bullet Journal: December 2016 Edition + 17 Before 2017 || Bullet Journaling
Book Review: Ben Hur by Carol Wallace
What’s in My Bullet Journal: Overview Edition || Bullet Journaling
(I guess y’all like seeing my Bullet Journal posts, wow!)
- Read through the entire New Testament- YES! Well, there’s less number of chapters in the New Testament than there are days in a year, so it wasn’t hard. But I still did it! Success.
- Memorize 1 chapter of the Bible per month- uhhhhh. NO. Fail.
- Witness to one person- *sigh* I had really wanted to, but this never actually came to fruitation. I’m sad. Fail.
- Bless someone everyday- Um. I tried to everyday, but I’m not positive if I actually succeeded. I’m going to count it though. It would have been nice if I had been thinking about it a little more consciously. Success
- Honor my parents more- I’ve tried to. As I’ve gotten older and more mature (hah!), the points where I disagree with them are diminishing, so thus our relationship has indeed gotten better. Does this really count? I’m not sure, but I’m counting it anyways. Success
- Clear my conscience and maintain it as clear- oiiiii….no. I mean, I actually never did it. So no. Fail.
- Get a job- I’ve babysat several times this year, and I’ve also started teaching piano. Success.
- Keep my room clean- Weeeellllll….my room has been decently clean lately. At least, I don’t fall on my face when I wake up in the morning, so I guess that counts? Success.
- Eat no more than 1 piece of candy per week- I *think* this one worked. I’m not sure. It’s about right, though. (Though I may or may not have made up for not eating candy by eating chocolate chips, oops). Success.
- Learn how to sing all the verses of 50 songs (basically, one per week)- heh. heh…hehhhh….no. XD I have about a total of 14 songs that I chose, and about , what, 3 that I’ve learned? Fail.
- Get better at taking and editing photos and do ‘Photo A Day’- I’ve definitely gotten better at editing pictures (though looking at some of the pictures that I’ve edited you’d laugh when I say that), but I didn’t do the Photo a Day thing. That was just….hah. So…I guess it counts? Maybe? Success.
- Knit 10 skeins of yarn- eeh, no. I just don’t have enough time to knit that much. I probably knit more than I did last year, so that was a minor success. But it doesn’t count, anyways. Fail.
- Drink more tea- I think so. I’ve liked making tea a lot more (who doesn’t want to be the sterotypical blogger who has 13675498 types of tea in their pantry?) and so I’ve drunk more tea. Success.
So…that’s 8/13….not *too* bad…right?
Highlights of 2016:
Um…what happened in 2016?
As I’m looking back over my records (hah, like I’m actually ORGANIZED enough to keep records), I feel like I haven’t really done much new this year that I didn’t do last year, but here are a few highlights that came through this year.
- I turned SIXTEEN. SIXTEEN. What is life. (Feb…kinda)
- Attending my first youth conference—it was AMAZING (Mar)
- Somehow managing to take 2 AP tests and 3 SAT subject tests over 4 days and not dying—ITS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT YALL (May)
- Visiting all my grandparents and extended family peoples and stuffs (May/June)
- Attending a cake decorating class with my friend (July)
- Going without a working computer for ONE MONTH. ONE WHOLE MONTH (July)
- Attending physics camp (Aug)
- The county fair and the state fair. Nuff said (Aug/Sep)
- Start teaching piano lessons (Aug)
- Start my JUNIOR year of high school, my FIFTH year of band, my FOURTH year of Science Olympiad, and my SECOND year as an AWANA leader (when did those numbers get SO BIG? I didn’t realize I was that old omgns) (Aug)
- Starting Bullet Journalling (Sep)
- Took the PSAT that actually counted, and didn’t fail…too badly (Oct)
- THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES (Oct)
- Taking the SAT and the ACT on consecutive Saturdays, because I’m not stupid like that…OBVIOUSLY (Dec)
- I hit 50 followers on the blog, on my second blogiversary. THANK YOU GUYS (Dec)
- Do Bible Reading everyday
- Memorize 3 chapters of the Bible
- Pray more, and more specifically
- Clear the dishwasher every morning
- Don’t use more than 1000 hours of internet
- Read 150 books
- Write a total of 300 blogposts
- Comment 3x/day on other blogs
- Stay on track with family blog
- Post regularly on Instagram
- Do more art
- Don’t drink any carbonated drinks
- Exercise (at least 1 hour) intensively every week…maybe get into running?
- Drink more water
HAPPY NEW YEAR YALL!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE PEOPLES!
As the year draws to an end, I usually write up a yearly recap (SHAMELESS SELF PROMO: 2014 and 2015). And included in that (usually) 4+K word blogpost is a list of people who made my year what it was.
And…most people don’t know who I know, and it makes for that blogpost WAYYYYY too long for most impatient humans on the internet. So….because I’m brilliant, I’m taking the peoples list out…and putting it here!
You have full permission to skip this post but you might miss yourself in the post…
So…without any further ado (omgns I hate that word so much), here are the people who made 2016 what it was.
I would like to thank…
- Mom and Dad: for the support you always show me, for the things that you have taught me this year, and for giving me chances to become who I am.
- My brothers D+P: for introducing me to this wonderful game that is baseball, and for making my life the happiness that it is today.
- My aunts and uncles: for being part of my family, for making my family full, and for supporting me in all my endeavors.
- My cousins JL, EL, JC, HC, SM, and FM: for being so much fun and for the closeness we share despite the distance between us.
- My adopted “Grandpa” and “Grandma” B and “Aunt” : for the incredible role models you are and the amazing faith you show despite the hard times in your lives.
- KS: for being the sister you are, for being the person who understands the best, and for always being there and listening to me rant.
- MM, for being one of my closest friends, for understanding me and bearing with me when I’m being stupid, for being a great lots-of-things, such as SciOly teammate, fellow band geek, and classmate, and for never making things awkward when it could easily be.
- MM, for being such a good friend and for the hardworking, cheerful, and encouraging person that I have the privileged to call my friend.
- ECW: for being a great friend always, even if we have drifted apart a bit, and for having been my first really friend.
- ER, SC, and BO, for being incredible online friends whom I’ve never had the chance to meet in real life.
- Blogger peoples such as Grace (from Totally Graced), Sarah (from the Introverted Extrovert), Hannah (from Grace in Everything), Katie Grace (from A Writer’s Faith), and Kara (from Saved By Grace), for being the source in inspiration that you are and the content that you post.
- KL, LM, AC, JO, ET, KT, and PIP, for being my awesome church friends with whom I’ve gotten so much closer to this year.
- JC, JR, CG, and KG, for being awesome youth group leaders who take your time and invest into us.
- MS, CS, JP, and TR: for being amazing pastors who continually develop my walk towards become more like Jesus.
- AS, CG, GM, AS, ES, and both CLs, for being awesome friends and for each holding a special place in my life and my heart.
- PM, GN, TJN, EB, and NB, for being such good Christian role models to show me what it means to be a Christian woman in today’s society.
- KB, MM, CF, SR, NR, SC, and RC, and so many others, for being such motivating SciOly teammates and for continually pushing more to study and learn about life.
- WC: for being the best SciOly coach one could ever have, and for also being an awesome band director.
- EC: for being a super awesome music teacher who has taught me so much over this last year. and for your incredible willingness to open your house so that the SciOly team can study.
- CY and SC: for being the best piano teachers I could wish for, and for making the transition between teachers smooth.
- AD and JMB: for being awesome flute teachers who never give up on me (even when I don’t practice!)
- CS, NL, DM, GP, SG, and BT: for being super teachers that continually inspire to study harder and learn more.
- EB and SS: for being awesome 4H leaders, for making sure all my records are straight, and for always pushing me to go farther.
- AC, LC, EH, LH, PH, AM, LM: for being awesome kids who I have the privilege and honor to mentor as you all grow up: you all have taught me so much.
- AA, PH, JB, DL, EN: for being my Cubbie bears whom I have the honor to help lead farther along in your journey in Christ. I’m excited to see how God will work in you!
- EM: for being a fantastic Cubbies director and role model, for your continual cheeriness and your love for the Cubbies.
- For all the other people I have missed in this list altogether, although maybe not brought immediately to mind, who make my life what it is.
- And lastly, to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who loved me so incredibly much that you would die for me, who is indeed the only reason I exist upon this planet.
Here is my Mid-Year (hah, considering it’s like 7/12th of a year)’s New Year Resolutions Updates. So far this year, I don’t feel like I’ve actually done very much, having more school pressures and less time to do much. However, it’s summer, and I’ll try to do better on these!
- Read through the entire New Testament-I’ve read through 1 Corinthians-Revelations, Matthew, Mark, and half of Luke. However, I haven’t really been reading at all for all of July, and I really need to get back to that.
- Memorize 1 chapter of the Bible per month– Um. No. No no no. But I still think that I want to do it….I’m totally not sure how well this is going to work out.
- Witness to one person- So far, I haven’t witnessed to anyone yet. However, the Lord has laid on my heart WHO to witness to, but I haven’t actually done it yet. Bad, I know.
- Bless someone everyday– Um. Depends on how small the deed is, but it has happened basically everyday. Like ‘helped XYZ find something (when it was lying in plain sight)’ but y’know.
- Revisions- None, except that it should be not so much ‘small’ things, but ‘larger’ things, like doing the dishes or something. But again, that line’s hard to distinguish.
- Honor my parents more-Um. Kinda…but not really.
- Clear my conscience and maintain it as clear-Err no.
- Get a job (babysitting counts)– I’ve babysat for about 2 months for a parenting class at our church for a couple of families, as well as babysat for a family a couple of times, but other than that, no ‘official’ job yet. I applied for a summer volunteer position at a local museum, and did the application and interview and everything, but I didn’t get in… 😦
- Exercise for at least 2 hours a week-Um. No. ‘Nuff said. I do other sorts of physical activity, but as for exercising exercising, no.
- Revisions- This one’s going away, because me nuts.
- Keep my room clean– This one’s been kinda okay so far. My room’s okay-clean, but not anything especial. Definitely not camera-worthy.
- Eat no more than 1 piece of candy per week– Sortof. I haven’t actually counted, so I don’t really know, but I do know that I have been eating candy probably more than I should have.
- Learn how to sing all the verses of 50 songs (basically, one per week)-
No. I have chosen (a few) songs to learn, but I haven’t actually learned any yet. I really should do that.
- Revisions- I don’t know what do revise this to, since I don’t feel motivated to do this. Often I hear a song and want to sing along, but don’t know the words, and I’m also really terrible at telling what people are singing, so I have to actually read the lyrics. I don’t know…but I won’t change anything.
- Get better at taking and editing photos and do ‘Photo A Day’- Weeeelllll….I am better at EDITING photos…I haven’t really taken any photos at all. As for ‘Photo a Day’, I basically took half of January, 2 of February, and none after that. So….yeah. However, this year I’ve made an Instagram, so I’m motivated to edit, take, and post more pictures.
Also I have no selfie skills and I need to improve.
- Revisions- Get better at taking and editing photos, as well as post more to Instagram.
- Knit 10 skeins of yarn- So far, I’ve knit about 1/2 skein of yarn. My new favorite pattern is this one for chunky socks. I knit a pair for a friend last year for Christmas, and I’ve been revising it. I hope to knit more over the summer! 😀
- Drink more tea– Yes, I’ve definitely been drinking more tea than before. I love tea…but mostly MAKING tea, not drinking tea, which bothers my mom. XD
I don’t know, I feel really unmotivated to do anything right now. I’m not sure if it’s because of the lack of internet that I’m feeling this way, or if it’s just because of the lack of structure of my days recently. I have been fairly kinda motivated to blog here, but my poor family blog has been severely neglected. Ugh.
<Long post alert +Good News at the end of the post!!>
WOW! This marks one year of rockandminerals4him!
Random RockandMinerals4Him stats for the year of 2015-
- 40 posts
- 845 views (this is the one I distrust the most- who knows how many are my own!)
- Received visitors from 14 different countries
- Started a regular posting schedule (every Friday!)
New Year’s Resolutions 2015…let’s see how well I made out with my resolutions last year!
- Do devotionals/Bible Reading everyday + one more chapter of any book in the Bible- Yes, in fact! It worked! So far, I’ve finished my devotional book (which has a 8/10 RockandMinerals4Him rating), as well as a few other chapters of the Bible, including Proverbs and Isaiah. There have been a total of 4 days where I didn’t do devotionals/Bible reading…but I have excuses for all those days (we were on vacation, I was sick, etc), never because I didn’t feel like it. Success.
- Get closer to God + try to live out 2 Peter 1:5-8- I think, that with the Bright Lights group that my friends started, I did in fact grow closer to God this year. However, He has also brought to my attention that there are a few things that I need to clear in my conscience…which, I feel, has been impeding my walk with the Lord. Success.
- Drink at least 5 glasses of water per day- Let’s just say…no. I tried (not really hard though), but the times that it occurred are measured in days…not weeks or months. Fail.
- Not waste so much time-Hmm…well…I’m not especially aware that I’m not wasting time, but I find that I’m not wasting as much time as I used to…so I suppose it counts. Success.
- Knit at least 10 skeins of yarn- No, this didn’t happen. At all. However, while this didn’t happen, I did knit more (a little). Let’s try again next year…and see how it goes. Fail.
- Get my weight to 100士5 pounds- No….just no. Fail.
- Eat no more than 1 piece of candy per week- Hrrmph….well…this was going along quite well until the school year started…I have a really, really nice teacher…who gives out candy every class. I have to say, though, that the original resolution, “Eat no more than 1 piece of candy per day”, did, in fact, work…but the revised one…didn’t. Are there half credits? Success (I’m counting it as such because that was the original resolution)
- Get up earlier/Go to bed earlier–WOW!! For the most part of the year, it looked like this was another resolution that wasn’t going to come to a culmination, but at the beginning of the school year, someone texted me early in the morning, waking me up. I continued waking up early that week, and the streak kept going. Due to getting up earlier, I also started going to bed earlier and earlier. Now, my get up time is 5:30 am and my bedtime is around 9:30, although this can be more elastic, as compared to the beginning of the year, when my get up time was about 9:00 am and my bedtime was anywhere between 12:30 and 2:30 am. Success.
- To get Beastmaster accomplishment and to collect 100 mounts on HabitRPG- At the beginning of the year, I was 5 pets away from Beastmaster, and I got it on January 26th. HabitRPG has added a “Mount Master” achievement, which is basically to collect all the mounts (which was my goal) and a “Triad Bingo” achievement, which is to collect all the pets, mounts, and pets again. I got both of these achievements on November 4th, and used the “Key to the Kennels” to release all the pets and mounts. Success.
- To become entirely vegetarian- Hm….well…eheehee…um, what can I say? This failed in January…and then I thought I took it out, so I didn’t even try….Fail.
- Grow my hair to my waist- I’m not sure what this counts as, because, although I never got a haircut, my hair refused to grow past a certain length. There’s still at least 4/5 inches before it actually hits my waist….what does this count as? I can’t control how fast my hair grows….Success (used loosely…but I didn’t fail.)
- Completely “gold” my Spanish Duolingo tree- I decided to drop Duolingo, at least for the school year, and focus on my Spanish course, rather than attempt to do both…this will come back next year, in my bucket list. Fail.
- Generally study harder and try not to drop behind in classes-Previously, the class that I dropped behind in the most was math. As a result of getting up earlier, I now have one and a half hour of time to myself in which I do my math for the day. So far I haven’t fallen behind in math, other than a few days here and there after which I’ve caught up right away, which hasn’t happened ever since I was in about second grade! The “study harder” has not yet been made entirely apparent, since there haven’t been many major tests that have come up lately, but I still have straight A’s….and I got made when I didn’t get and A+ in a class…so I suppose that counts. Success.
- Write more, including posting more- Yes! This year, I’ve finished both my first Camp NaNoWriMo as well as participated in my first NaNoWriMo, and I used those opportunities to write on my blog, scheduling them in advance. I now have a posting schedule…which results in posting more. Success.
- Keep my room clean- Nope! When I get up in the morning, I stumble over many fallen papers, have a brief tangle with my music stand, break the bindings of several books, then reach my alarm clock and turn in off.Blame it on the fact that my bedroom is terribly small, but wow, no. This is coming back next year. Fail
So I got 9/14! Not bad, if I do say so myself!
Highlights of 2015 (I actually kept track of when I did what this year!)
In 2015, I-
- Started my blog! (Jan)
- Participated in my first speech contest (Mar)
- Took my first SAT2 and AP tests (May)
- Went to SciOly Nationals and got my first single-digit finish (May)
- Joined a Bright Lights group (May)
- Attended my first baseball game (June)
- Participated in a few wonderful summer camps, including an incredible band camp (June/Jul)
- Attended my first sleepover (Jul)
- Finished my first Camp NaNoWriMo ever! (Jul)
- Started another year of high school, homeschool, and SciOly (Aug)
- Went on a beach trip (Sep)
- Started playing in the Wind Ensemble at band (Sep)
- Become and official AWANA Cubbies leader (Sep)
- Started playing bassoon (Sep)
- Took the PSAT for the first time (Oct)
- Babysat solo for the first time (Oct)
- Finished my first “official” (but YWP) NaNoWriMo (Nov)
- Visited California (Dec)
I want to thank these people for making 2014 what it was-
- Mom, for always being there and encouraging (hrrmph…maybe not ALWAYS) and for being willing to drive me to SO many places.
- Dad, for supporting my with to stay homeschooled, and for encouraging me on my musical path.
- My brothers, D+P, for being awesome and sweet and cool and funny and so many other things (quite a change from last year, eh? You can tell I put a lot of thought into it this year. 😛 )
- MC, for being willing to take first steps into the unknown land of crazy technological computer stuffs, and for just being a wonderful grandma.
- My grandparents, for, well, just being great grandparents!
- My adopted “grandma” and “grandpa” B, as well as my adopted “aunt” L, for also being wonderful supporters, for never, ever forgetting my birthday, and for always backing me with so much prayer.
- KS, for being an awesome friend, almost sister, partymate, SciOly teammate, and hair stylist all wrapped up into one AWESOME hilarious bundle of Irish-ness.
- MM, for being an awesome friend, SciOly teammate, stand partner, and bassoon rest (ahem), and for the incredible and apparent deepening of our friendship this past year.
- MM (different one…), for being a fantastic friend, cooking sidekick, and study hall partner, and for being my most ambitious friend who never thinks my plans are impossible.
- ECW, for sharing blogger problems, mom problems, TM problems (and no, TM is not a person), and for being a wonderful fellow musician.
- ER, SJC, and BO, for being incredible girlfriends who are always available to talk and encourage.
- KL, JO, LM, CT, PIP, and SJ, for being great people to be around, both at church and at school (yes, homeschooler school…oh, the irony).
- ES, AS, GM, RC, FH, CG, AS, as well as many others, for being great friends, although we could hardly be called super close, you’ll still leave a huge gap in my life if you weren’t there.
- EL, JL, JC, HC, and SM for being great cousins and for the fun we have together.
- PN, GN, and TJN, for exemplifying for me what it means to be walking in Christ, and what ‘family’ means, and also for being great SciOly teammates, friends, and Bright Lights leaders.
- EB, for being a great flautist (much, much better than I am!), SciOly teammate, and an incredibly supportive presence and for believing in me, even when I don’t, and also for showing me what truly humble means.
- EC, for being a fabulous music teacher, SciOly co-coach (seriously, you are the most team spirit-y person on the team…even if you don’t like the title co-coach), friend, mentor, and supporter, all in one, and for always available to talk despite your incredibly busy schedule, and the fact that I DO get really annoying at times.
- AD, for being the bestest flute teacher ever, and for not giving up on me and my tone. ^^
- SC, for being and incredible piano AND bassoon teacher, for having patience through my fingering chart blunderings, and for being a wonderful mom to two of the best kids ever.
- WC, for being THE best SciOly coach anyone could ever have or even wish for, and for being, also, a great music teacher, even though I still find it quite hard to wrap my head around that new title.
- CF, SC, SR, NR, KB, as well as many, many, others, for being awesome and incredibly competitive SciOly teammates, and for making me aspire to work ever harder, for His glory.
- JT, HT, EH, LH, PH, AC, LC, MY, AY, and so many other little kids like you, for constantly reminding me that I was once as young, as innocently ignorant, and as annoying as you can be, and for keeping me humble.
- JB, AH, DL, and AA, for being BEARS (!!!) whose Cubbie leader I am proud to be and whose spiritual growth I am very excited to see.
- CB, for being a great mom, SciOly event coach, and for just being you. Keep it up!
- SS and EB, for being a great 4H leader who is always looking for improvement in me.
- CS, DM, NL, and JH, for being great teachers and for inspiring me to work harder. (Yes, I thank my teachers…and yes, I DO, in fact, have teachers, despite the fact that I’m homeschooled. No, I don’t stay in pajamas all day. *looks down at pajamas* 😛 )
- WS, for…wow, what is our relationship, even? You’re my mom’s friend, and you’re a mom yourself, but you’re also so much more than that.Thank you so much for allowing me to take care of your kids, for treating me as your own kid, even to the extent of being willing to drive me places, and for the support that you always have behind me.
- All the people that I’ve missed in this list altogether, who, although maybe not brought to mind, definitely enhance my life and make it worth living.
- And ultimately, as always, to the Lord Jesus Christ, for loving me (and everyone else!) so incredibly much that you were willing to die for me and for being the only reason my life can exist.
Resolutions/goals for 2016!
- Read through the entire New Testament
- Memorize 1 chapter of the Bible per month
- Witness to one person
- Bless someone everyday
- Honor my parents more
- Clear my conscience and maintain it as clear.
- Get a job (babysitting counts)
- Exercise for at least 2 hours a week
- Keep my room clean
- Eat no more than 1 piece of candy per week
- Learn how to sing all the verses of 50 songs (basically, one per week)
- Get better at taking and editing photos
- Knit 10 skeins of yarn
- Drink more tea
Now for the good news. As a part of the new year, I’ll be posting 2 times a week now! I’ll be posting Friday and Saturday.I’ll keep the same “random” posts on Friday, and I’ll post a set of song lyrics on Saturday (the song I learned for the week)!!
What are YOUR New Year’s Resolutions?
Well….this update-every month thing. FAIL. XD (I’m glad I didn’t make THAT my new year’s resolution!)
- To do devotionals/bible reading every day- Yes….but it’s always being done at around midnight….and so I’m not retaining much. This past month, when a couple of people have suddenly asked, “So…what have you been reading about in the Bible lately??” I haven’t been able to give a single decent reply, mainly because I haven’t been paying much attention to what I’m actually reading.
- Revised: Do devotionals/Bible Reading everyday + one more chapter of any book in the Bible.
- Get closer to God- Eh….probably….but just a little. Yesterday, as I was reading 2 Peter 1: 5-8, I suddenly felt really compelled to actually do it and to not be just a self-professed Christian, but to live out my faith much more. Even though I have been reading my Bible daily, I know I still am “ineffective and unfruitful in the knowledge of our Jesus Christ.” Also, I realized that I have been really proud of reading the Bible everyday, such as, “I read my Bible everyday….and you don’t….XD”
- Revised: Get closer to God + try to live out 2 Peter 1:5-8 + use Memverse (a Scripture memory website) more.
- Drink more water- Well…I don’t drink as much water as I think I do. This is a mildly ambiguous goal/resolution, and I’m going to specify it more.
- Revised- Drink at least 5 glasses of water per day.
- Really become ambidextrous- I have decided to move this to my bucket list, mainly because I have decided that since I am so dominantly left-handed, learning to use my right hand as well as my left will definitely take much more time than just a year. Besides, Science Olympiad (the original reason why I decided to learn to be ambidextrous- long story, don’t ask) is over, and we did quite well without my having to use my non-dominant hand. ☺
- Revised- Move this to my Bucket List
- Not waste so much time- Again, this is a very ambiguous goal/resolution to have, and I would like to specify it more. I am pretty sure that large amounts of time were spent doing non-productive stuff (such as Youtube….a new channel I have discovered, Studio C, is particularly addictive!) and I would like to lessen the amount of time I use to do that kind of stuff. Although….”All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy,” too much play is not a good thing either. At all.
- Revised- Watch Youtube less than 1 day/week and log the amount of time I spend doing random stuff (of course, this may be hard since I don’t usually go, “Okay….so now I’m going to go waste an infinite amount of time.”)
- Knit at least 10 skeins of yarn- Well….yeah…..but just kind of. I finished the Pirouette Hat that I mentioned in February, and started another knit bunny.which I have to get stuffing for. I’ll also have to make birthday presents for at least a couple of people this month, as well as a few large objects for the fair next month, so it is still practical.
- Get my weight to 100士5 pounds- I have gotten a little closer to this goal weight…but the amount left to go is much larger than the difference)! This is one goal/resolution that may or may not be reached by the end of this year.
- Eat no more than 1 piece of candy per day- As a result of this resolution, I have found out that I am actually really able to refrain from eating candy, and I decided in February that I would pare it back to 1 piece/week. It has worked out pretty well, and I definitely don’t eat as much candy as I used to.
- Revised- Eat no more than 1 piece of candy per week and no more than 1 piece of “sugar” candy (i.e. not chocolate) a month
- Get up earlier/Go to bed earlier– During testing season (March/April/May), I did get up earlier (around 7.15 or so) just so I wouldn’t be tired while testing (Homeschooler downside!!) ☺. After that….I got up around 8 for the rest of the school year….but after the school year, it has been horrendously non-constant, ranging from between 7:30 to 10:30. I haven’t really been going to bed any earlier- it has always been somewhere between 12-1. This is also a pretty ambiguous resolution; therefore, I am deeming 11:30 as “early bedtime” (of course, this is still pretty late, so this may move as I try to hit it- I am keeping it pretty late still because it is the one that I am having more trouble with) and 7 as “early get-up time (why is there not a good antonym for bedtime?)”.
- Revision- Get up before 7 and go to bed before 11:30
- To get Beastmaster accomplishment and to collect 100 mounts on HabitRPG- I got Beastmaster in January, and I’m around 60 mounts now on Habit. My HabitRPG has been restricted, so I’m not as able to get mounts anymore, but I think it’s still feasible.
- To become entirely vegetarian- I heard a great quote recently, “I think I’m mentally vegetarian- I dislike the thought of eating meat and where it comes from but I love bacon too much.” I’m somewhat like that.
- Grow my hair to my waist- This was basically a resolution to see how long my hair could grow….but I’m pretty sure it’s stopped growing already.
- Completely “gold” my Spanish Duolingo tree.
- Generally study harder and try not to drop behind in classes (another homeschooler downside!)
- Write more, including posting more
- Keep my room clean
Procrastination…..Here are the New Year’s Resolution Updates for February.
- To do devotionals/bible reading every day- Same as last month….got in Bible reading/devotionals every day. At the rate I’m doing my NY’sR….this is the only one that’s working so far….
- Get closer to God- Probably….though not quite as much as last month, because of all these snow days- church was cancelled a few times and postponed once. (On a side note, perhaps my procrastination was so that I could find this picture and use it…) I’ll be taking this advice
next this month.
- Drink more water- This…let’s say not.
- Really become ambidextrous- I have practiced writing with my other hand this month….but…
- Not waste so much time- Probably not. Managed about 5 days mostly off the internet, and one day entirely off the internet, but….not.
- Knit at least 10 skeins of yarn- Well….everything that I started last month got unraveled….However, I started a pirouette hat and a ear warmer. The patterns can be found here- http://littletheorem.blogspot.com/2010/12/pirouette-hat.html and https://wakeandwhimsy.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/the-ear-warmer/
- Get my weight to 100士5 pounds- No…just no.
- Eat no more than 1 piece of candy per day- Yes…one of the other ones that has been working so far. I’m paring this back to one piece per week..YEY!! 😀
- Get up earlier/Go to bed earlier– This totally hasn’t happened this month. Both of those habits are now deep, dark, ugly red on HabitRPG.
- To get Beastmaster accomplishment and to collect 100 mounts on HabitRPG- I know, why is this even a NY’sR? Because. Well anyways, now I have a total of 25 mounts.
- To become entirely vegetarian- My resolve is weakening….This month, I want to get someone to hold me accountable. But anyways…didn’t quite improve very much this month.
- Grow my hair to my waist- No haircut…but probably no growth either.
On a sidenote, there’s been a lot of snow here….and I’ve been reading the Anne of Green Gables series. Which reminds me, I need to work on my bucket list….On a sidenote on a sidenote, I just chipped my front tooth on my flute…
I feel like a way to keep my New Year’s resolutions would be to add updates on it every month. Here’s the New Year’s Resolutions for January.
- To do devotionals/bible reading every day- This has really worked out so far- I’ve done devotionals/Bible reading every day except for one, which I got up early to do the next day.
- Get closer to God- I personally feel like there is no good way to determine this, but I feel like yes, this has happened, probably because I have done Bible reading/devotionals every day. (Also, so far I haven’t had to use the word devotionals minus the letters tional, just because I find that word cheesy.)
- Drink more water- This…erm…well…let’s just say this has happened, but not particularly. I have hit a few days with 50+ ounces of water, though!
- Really become ambidextrous- This one…well…didn’t happen.
- Not waste so much time- Maybe, maybe not. I did manage to stay off the computer and the internet for most of 5 days, though!
- Knit at least 10 skeins of yarn- Knitting hasn’t quite happened yet. I’ve learned to crochet over the past month, and have started a good number of projects, some of which include a sweater (which found its way onto the needles then got unraveled), a sock (which might turn into a pair of socks in the future but only amounts to 8 rows at the present).
- Get my weight to 100士5 pounds- Flat out not happened.
- Eat no more than 1 piece of candy per day- Yes, has happened. I might pare this back to 1 piece per week, seeing my results so far.
- Get up earlier/Go to bed earlier– Get up earlier (before 7:30am), has happened twice. Go to bed earlier (before 10:30pm), has happened once. Whether or not that counts as significant. (On a sidenote, both of those habits are not deep, dark, ugly red on HabitRPG).
- To get Beastmaster accomplishment and to collect 100 mounts on HabitRPG- I got my Beastmaster on January 5th…yey! I’ve also collected 8 mounts. I’d also like to add the update that it is only possible to collect 90 (non-quest) mounts, not 100.
- To become entirely vegetarian- Took a week of in the middle of January to become “non-vegetarian”, then resumed my “cut out beef/pork” thing and added chicken.
- Grow my hair to my waist- I’ve managed to avoid a haircut (that my mom wanted to give me). Other than that, I feel like my hair isn’t growing much anymore.