Year 4 wooooo!!! (2015 2016 2017) In this post, I’m going to wrap up my year, including blog stat stuff and how I did on this year’s New Year’s Resolutions, and then tell you guys all about next year’s New Year’s Resolutions!
- 210 total blogposts (80 blogposts written)
- 4610 views
- 2626 visitors
- 123 followers (awww look at that)
- Visitors from 59 countries
- Wrote a poem about love
- Hosted the first giveaway on my blog
- Celebrated a ‘milestone party’ of sorts with a relaunch and giveaway
- Took an unexpected 2ish month hiatus
Most Popular Posts
- Do Bible Reading everyday- nope. This year was a very bad year in terms of spiritual growth, and I didn’t read my Bible very much, or pray very much, or anything really. Fail.
- Memorize 3 chapters of the Bible- lol nope. I kinda forgot about this one? Fail.
- Pray more, and more specifically- *sigh* guess what? Fail.
- Clear the dishwasher every morning- I did some? But not even close enough to half so no Fail.
- Don’t use more than 1000 hours of internet- I think I got this one? I was about 400 hours in by July or August, then my internet tracker thing needed to update and my computer couldn’t do it, so I lost that app. Seeing how I was less than halfway through more than halfway through the year, I’m going to count this a Success.
- Read 150 books- This was my GoodReads goal for the year, but between Junior year and Senior year, I only read 120. But I’m going to count this as I got it, because I’m satisfied with reading 120 books, and besides, it’s the third year I’ve read over 120 books! Success.
- Write a total of 300 blogposts- WELL 2016 SELF! BIG GOALS, EH? WOWWWW. I wrote less than 100 total XD Fail.
- Comment 3x/day on other blogs- I have about half a years’ worth of comments, (about 540 comments?) in spurts, and I’ve noticed a big increase of traffic on the months that I did. I *think* I’m going to count it? What with everything else that happened this year, I’m pretty happy with how I did, even though it would have been nice if I’d done it all. Success.
- Stay on track with family blog- PSHHHHHH ya think? Fail.
- Post regularly on Instagram- Not very regular, but I did post more? I posted 65 times on my blogstagram and 48 times on my personal, so I’m going to count it. Success.
- Do more art- Well. I never really defined what ‘more’ is, but I’ve improved a lot more in the world of typography and word art type stuff? (I don’t know what it’s called lol) I’m going to count it. Success.
- Don’t drink any carbonated drinks- This is the one thing I actually did XD. I went without soda for a whole year (excluding like 5 mouthfuls) and I don’t miss it? So I think I’m going to continue next year. Success.
- Exercise (at least 1 hour) intensively every week…maybe get into running?- pffffff as if. Fail.
- Drink more water- I tried (well, all for this week. I’m super dehydrated rn lol). I have a nice collection of water bottles (of great importance) and it worked. Sorta. Success.
7/14! [with no cheating obviously pshh] (compared to 8/13 last year and 9/14 two years ago, so percentagely lower than previously, but that’s okay.)
Highlights/Happenings of 2017
- Atteneded my first SciOly invitational (Feb)
- Took two more AP tests, bringing my total up to 6 (May)
- Visited St. Lous and Illinois (May)
- Got my Driver’s permit! (May)
- Finished taking my SATs and ACTs 🙌 (Jun)
- Did my first internship (my first 40-hour a week, officey type job) (Jun-Aug)
- My cousins visited us (Jun)
- Visited New York City (Jun)
- Started volunteering at a museum and I FREAKING LOVE IT (July)
- Hit 100 blog and Instagram followers and 100, 200, and 300 followers on Twitter! (Vague July)
- Hosted my first blog giveaway (Aug)
- Started my first college classes (Aug)
- Started my senior year (!!!), my sixth year of band, my fifth year of SciOly, and my 3rd year as an AWANA leader (Aug)
- Started filling out college applications >< (Sep)
- Started playing in the youth group band regularly (Sep)
- I drove for the first time ever (and also broke a car while I was at it) (Sep)
- I got accepted into my first college! (Oct)
- Visited Orlando/Disney World (Dec)
- Helped put together The Blogger Yearbook (Dec)
2018 is going to be a huge of growth and change and I don’t know what’s going to happen, so I’m going to play it month-by-month more than yearly, so there’s going to be less Yearly resolutions this year.
- Do monthly goals
- Read my Bible daily and also keep a journal/prayer journal daily
- Get out of bed for the day (aka don’t get back into bed once I get up in the morning)
- Spend more time unplugged
- Brush my teeth before I go to bed at night (believe it or not, I’ve been really bad at it this year/semester)
- Give up [a to-be-determined list of foods]
- Make money with one of my hobbies (art/blogging/etc)
So that’s that. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!