Welllll…..it’s halfway through the year, and that means it’s time for Midyear New Year’s Resolutions updates!
Photo via stockimage website, editing mine, feat PicMonkey
Right off the bat, I’m going to say that I’m pretty sure I’ve not done very well at any of these, but we shall see.
- Do Bible reading everyday. Oh my goodness…I used to do Bible reading all the time daily! This year, I’ve haven’t done it, nearly at all. Fail
- Memorize 3 chapters of the Bible. …let’s just say not. Fail
- Pray more, and more specifically. Let’s just say I kinda forgot all about this?? (I haven’t been praying nearly at all and I really need to do it :/) Fail
- Clear the dishwasher every morning. This actually lasted longer than I expected (a cumulative total of about a month?) but again, haven’t done it and need to get started on that too. Fail
- Don’t use more than 1000 hours of internet. This one’s actually going surprisingly well. I’m currently a little less than halfway through the 1000 hours, which is pretty amazing, actually. This doesn’t count the time I’m on my phone, though, so it’s not an entirely accurate count of time. Success
- Read 150 books. This is going pretty well. Currently, I’m at 70, which is still *slightly* behind what it should be, but really isn’t anything to worry about (unlike *cough* the previous ones) Success
- Write a total of 300 blogposts. I’m currently at 190 blogposts, which is a little behind, but not TOO behind. I’m doing three posts a week for June through August, so it boosts my post count. 😅 Starting September, though, I’m going to be cutting down to one post per week, but hopefully make it of better quality, while stocking up posts for Blogmas. We’ll see how that goes XD Success (or at least, not failure)
- Comment 3x a day on other blogs. I did this mainly in January and February, and saw a lot of resulting traffic/action from it. However, starting in March, I got really busy so I haven’t really been doing it as much, and the blog stats have reflected that. I’ll be doing more of it (and catching up) over this next couple months Fail
- Stay on track with the family blog. This worked, again, for two months until I got busy and didn’t have time to do it anymore. I’ve been recording some for over the summer as well, so I’m going to try to catch up. Fail
- Post regularly on Instagram. In contrast with the other resolutions, this one has been going better after being slow in the first few months. I’ve been posting once every four or so days, with some semblance of a theme, so that was nice. This month, I’m doing a bookstagram challenge thing, so I’ll be posting every day…at least until I mess up. Success
- Do more art. Naturally, since I haven’t had time, I couldn’t have done any art. I’ve done a few hand lettering projects, which have been fun, but I haven’t really made much progress. I will definitely do a bunch over the summer though, to prepare for the county fair, and it’s going to be fun 😊😊 Fail
- No carbonated drinks. This one is working. I’ve been off of carbonated drinks all year, with the exception of two slurpees, which I always forget are carbonated (oops), but haven’t knowingly had any. Success
- Exercise (at least 1 hour) intensively every week. *nervous laughing in the distance* Fail
- Drink more water. Yes and no? I’m slightly more conscious about having to drink water, but as for the amount and/or how it compares to last year, I can’t really say. I’m going to count this as a Fail, though, since I can’t definitively say, nor did I record myself as drinking enough water.
Overall, this year has been a decent (???) year for New Year’s Resolutions? This year has been mostly all habit-y stuff, not so much goals, so I’m not going to modify them or add to them. I’m currently at 5/14, so we’ll see how this ends 😅