If you’ve read my rant about life last week, you may have picked up that I’m not very happy with my blogging right now. To help me change that mindset, I’m doing this post. This is a totally original post, one that I’ve literally just thought of right now.
I’m so proud of myself for being original and also I really really love that thumbnail
So, here are five reasons that I do what I do!
- I can keep track of my goals in my life If you’ve read my blog for any period of time, you know that I often post goals for my life on this blog. And since I’m ultra disorganized, having my stuff on the Internet where I can access them everywhere is very convenient for me. It also keeps me accountable, because I have to do recaps. If I fail too badly, I’ll strive to do better because I know there’s people watching me (even if it is only myself reading my blog, ha!)
- It’s fun teaching other people stuff I know how to do. Although I haven’t done this in a really long time, (as in, I’ve been too lazy because DIYs usually require taking pictures and effort) I really really love cataloging the crap that I know how to do—knitting, photography, baking, crafting, you name it. I also have a sense of accomplishment, and I can also look back and go “wow, I didn’t realize I was so talented 4 years ago!”
- I get to meet other people who have similar interests to me. Being part of the blogging community is absolutely amazing. There are so many people with similar interests as me, and I pull so much inspiration from their blogs, and I hope my blog inspires others as much other blogs inspire me (and also that’s a lot of inspires in that last sentence). I get to meet people from across the country and from all over the world, and that’s awesome.
- I get free books to review. I’m part of a few book blogger review programs. They send me books, I review the books, then I get to keep the books. What’s not to love? I really really love reading new books, oftentimes books that haven’t been published yet, and brand new books are just freaking amazing: the covers, the pages, the smell, the colors, and EVERYTHINGGGGGGG.
- It’s fun! Blogging is fun! Although it may not look like it in my life (as in, every Friday I go “UGAHJGFDH I HAVE TO BLOG TODAY DARNNN), it is SO. MUCH. FUN. I love writing my thoughts and opinions, and listing ideas and sharing opinions and taking aesthetic pictures and thinking up blog ideas and basically ALL OF THE ABOVE. It’s pretty awesome having a little corner of the Internet to myself. It also makes me feel accomplished. I have words on the Internet that people are reading. o.O
Are you a blogger? What do you like best about blogging?