Here it is, the end of January. How are the New Year’s Resolutions going? Here is a list of ways to keep your resolutions, from A to Z.
- A. Accountability- There’s power in numbers!
- B. Bring friends into the equation- Get a friend to do it with you! Again, accountability.
- C. Call- Be willing to call for help when you need it; it’s okay to ask for help.
- D. Discipline- While it isn’t fun and easy, discipline is required for change. Discipline yourself to do whatever you want to do.
- E. Exclude- Exclude temptations from your life that make you want to break your resolution.
- F. Find- Find others who are/are willing to make the same resolution as you and encourage one another.
- G. Give- Give your resolution to God. Only He will be the one who determines whether or not it’ll be successful.
- H. Hold on- Hold on! Although it may not be easy, it’ll get easier as it goes on.
- I. Iron- Iron sharpens iron….accountability again. Trust me, it’s really helpful.
- J. Just do it! Thanks, Nike…but….it’s freaking true!
- K. Kvetch- A not-well-known word mean to complain habitually. Don’t kvetch! If you’re going to complain about how hard it is, you’re going to really think it’s hard, and it’ll be harder to accomplish.
- L. Live it! Make the resolution a part of your lifestyle.
- M. Mean it! Make resolutions that you mean and will keep.
- N. Never give up! Yes, you may fail at times, but get back up and keep going! It’ll get easier are you go on!
- O. Optimistic- Be optimistic, even when you feel like you can’t go on. You can!
- P. Pray- Pray everyday about the resolutions, and Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides, will provide a way to accomplish it.
- Q. Quit. No, not quit your resolutions when you get to Q! Instead, quit things that hinder your ability to keep your resolution.
- R. Repeat. Whatever works, repeat it!
- S. Surround. Surround yourself with positive people who will cheer you on to victory.
- T. Track. Track your progress-something that marks progress will motivate you to continue.
- U. Understand. Understand that you’re not perfect, but also understand that you get a second chance. Don’t give up!
- V. Visualize. Visualize victory, and how awesome it’ll be.
- W. Write. Write down your resolutions, and put them in a place where you’ll see them, so that you’ll remember what they are.
- X. Xenophile. Another weird word, but it means “One attracted to foreign things.” Don’t get bogged down with what’s in this world, but remember what’s eternal.
- Y. Yield. Yield every area of your life to Jesus Christ.
- Z. Zeal. Zealously attack your resolution, and it’ll show up in your results.
I got the ABC’s from my devotional book and added the captions.