Every year around Christmastime, RockandMinerals4Him tries to make a holiday recipe, generally containing peppermint. Holiday recipes make great presents for teachers, friends, and family. They also work very well in Christmas parties as well as just to enjoy at home, with a cup of hot cocoa and a good book.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Stir egg, vanilla extract, and mint into the mixture until thoroughly combined. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into wet ingredients to make a smooth dough. Gently fold chocolate chips into the dough. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are set, 10 to 12 minutes.
These cookies are great! I found this recipe on Allrecipes with a high rating while I was looking for a suitable Christmas recipe. It’s an incredibly simple recipe, it smells heavenly, and the texture is also great!
I gave these cookies to teachers and friends, and they all enjoyed. I’m pretty sure I’ll do it again next year for friend/teacher gifts as well.
RockandMinerals4Him rating- 10/10